[fpc-pascal] What is the svn url for fpc release 2.6.4

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 02:29:07 CET 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:03:42 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> I have googled extensively now and not found this, so please tell me
>>> how I can get fpc 2.6.4 sources from svn.
>>> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/fpc_2_6_4 fpc-2.6.4 did
>>> not work...
>> Use the source link at http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
>>
> Well prior to starting this thread I had done that and came to this
> location for the 2.6.4 sources:
> http://www.freepascal.org/down/source/sources-austria.var
> But that page confused me when it talked about two different archives
> fpcbuild and fpc with a very big size difference too.
> Which one I need to select is not obvious to me. I just want to build
> 2.6.4 on my RPi2 device. By the sound of it fpcbuild might be the one,
> but then again what is the purpose of the fpc archives if one cannot
> build off of them?
> Figured that by using svn I would get exactly what is needed for
> bulding fpc...

I've already- strongly- suggested that you use fpcbuild. That's a
complete snapshot which won't be subject to retroactive patches, which
you only have to download once, and which you can copy between machines
without local svn deciding it doesn't like something.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk