[fpc-pascal] OS/2 $fpctarget macro in FPC .cfg files

Sun Nov 8 12:03:49 CET 2015

Hi,

To compile programs from the console (no IDE's) I normally create a
extrafpc.cfg file with the compiler parameters I need per line.

Usage:
  fpc @extrafpc.cfg myprogram.pas

I have use the $fpctarget macro for unit output for years, and this
works under Windows, Linux and FreeBSD.

eg:
  -FU../lib/$fpctarget/

The output is normally something like "../lib/i386-linux/" or
"../lib/x86_64-freebsd/".

But under OS/2 that macro translates only to to the text "os2", thus the
Unit Output Path ends up being:  "..\lib\os2\" when I actually expected
"..\lib\i386-os2\"

Why isn't the "i386-" part added? Is this expected behaviour?

I'm using FPC 2.6.4 and eComStation 2.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/