[fpc-pascal] How to instantiate a public type in a generic class

luciano de souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:19:41 CEST 2015

Sven,

I really thoght that I had replied your message, but now, I realize I
didn't do it.

Actually, the fact compiler does not  support the sintax I proposed,
it's not very severe. In stead of passing a subtype, I can firstly
create a type from the subtype and using it in the specialization:

TPersons = TdgOPFentity.Tentities;

Passing TPersons, the compiler will not complain.

But, say me: is the problem I faced related to 2.4 version? In newer
version, would it be possible to use something like I have proposed or
will the same behviour be maintained?

--
Luciano de Souza