[fpc-pascal] Lazarus, FreePascal, and translated compiler messages

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu May 7 10:58:31 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 08:47, Yann Mérignac wrote:
> Thanks for your fix Mattias.
>
> And also because looking at your changes I noticed that there are two
> translation files for French in two different encodings : 'errorf.msg' and
> 'errorfi.msg'. So far I thought 'errorfi.msg' was a translation for the
> Finnish.

I mentioned the two files in the original response to Stephane Aulery who
initiated the French translation update.

BTW, talking about this translation effort - as you might know, the
release of FPC 3.0.0 is approaching (although somewhat delayed compared to
the original plans by now). While the primary target of your current
effort is obviously trunk, you may want to have a look at using the
translated file with compiler messages as basis for updating the version
available in branch fixes_3_0 once you finish your work in trunk in order
to ensure the updated translation to be included in the upcoming release.

Tomas