[fpc-pascal] Does the basic make INSTALL create ppcross386

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Mar 29 21:13:17 CEST 2015

> Does the basic make INSTALL create ppcross386
> It works on a 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 system but fails when I try it on a 32bit
> Ubuntu 12.04 system.

It's weird to ask something like this, assuming you've understood the build
process already. I thought I've ever mentioned it, but here's again: when
you build the cross compiler, that is when CPU_TARGET is not the same as
host, the resulting compiler is ppcross<cpu>. Otherwise, which is your case
now, it's ppc<cpu>.

Make install accepts the same parameter as other make targets, so above rule
holds. Certainly, make install does NOT compile anything. Its purpose is to
install what "make all" compiles and links.

To conclude: No ppcross386 shall be created nor installed in case of
building for i386 under i386 systems.