[fpc-pascal] getaddrinfo

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 20:45:23 CEST 2015

Ewald wrote:
> On 03/20/2015 04:14 AM, MegaBrutal wrote:
>> I also need some help with using the function, as it works very
>> strangely on Linux, as it returns addrinfo structures, but the ai_addr
>> member is always a null-pointer, which is theoretically impossible by
>> the manual, in my understanding.
>
> As Mark suggested, perhaps a bug in the fpc implementation (fpc does not
> normally use lic for it's syscalls)? Try defining the function manually,
> using libc's equivalent and see if it produces the same result?

The only context I've looked at that in was a server program which under
some circumstances reported the address of an IP4 client formatted as
IP6. It wouldn't be easy for me to get back into that at the moment, but
I reported an ordering problem (Mantis 22605) and had my concerns partly
allayed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk