[fpc-pascal] how to use signals in freepascal?

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:54:12 CET 2015

Hi All,

I have some questions regarding event and signals:

1) RTLEventWaitFor

can a program waiting for an RTLEvent be notified by an RTLEventSet from
ANOTHER process?

2) Unix Signals

I see HookSignal() in the sysutils documentation, but there is nothing said
on how to use it. Is it used to write my own signal handler on Linux?
Could anyone give a sample program?

Also, is there a list of defined RtlSigNums?

3) Unix-style Signals on Windows

If possible, I would like to have cross platform signal handling in my app.
I found this:

https://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/blob/master/rtl/win32/signals.pp

Does it mean that if I "uses signals", I will have same capability on both
linux and windows?

Thanks!

Xiangrong