[fpc-pascal] Google Code closing down

Sat Mar 14 21:16:54 CET 2015

On 2015-03-14 19:44, vfclists . wrote:
> Google Code now has an Export to Github version on the repository pages.

I've just noticed that too. That should make saving valuable open source
projects much easier (way less effort).

I've anybody wants to help collaborate in saving some or all FPC,
Lazarus and Pascal projects please let me know. We can put our heads
together and come up with a plan and work off a list of projects.

If we have a couple of people helping out, and given the 6-12 months
time limit, we should easily get through the list. Obviously active
projects will probably be migrated by their respective owners - thus the
list gets slightly smaller for us. So if you would like to help, please
contact me here, via private email or by any other channels.

I've just briefly scanned through some projects. There are projects like
the FPC LLVM backend compiler (not sure if FPC developers know about
this), Transmission GUI Frontend, FBLib (though I have my own fork on
Github already), Luipack, THTMLViewer, G-Framework etc. Some real gems.

https://code.google.com/hosting/search?q=label:FPC
https://code.google.com/hosting/search?q=label:Lazarus
https://code.google.com/hosting/search?q=label:Pascal   (the big one)

Regards,