[fpc-pascal] How do you build FPC?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sat Mar 14 10:27:11 CET 2015

> Do you have some FPC/Lazarus compilation scripts or sample fpc.cfg files
you can share?

The build script:
build-fpc-cross-all.sh
<http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/file/n5721321/build-fpc-cross-all.sh>
My fpc.cfg:
fpc.cfg
<http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/file/n5721321/fpc.cfg>

Now read carefully. The final directory layout is now:
$outdir
+ <fpc built binaries except the actual compiler>
+ $stableversion
++ <standard $fpcdir/lib/fpc/$stableversion layout>
+ $svnversion
++ <standard $fpcdir/lib/fpc/$svnversion layout>
+ $srcdir
+ lexyacc
+ tmp

* The script assumes you have proper assembler/linker accessible in PATH and
use above fpc.cfg
* Adjust fpc.cfg above to your environment
* Please start with latest release, since the script doesn't pass
OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1 to make. If you insist, however, just add that flag
to make
* The script passes GDBMI=1 when building host, so you can still have
debugger enabled for fpIDE without libgdb.a exists
* tmp will be temporary destination folder, before the contents are mv-ed
and rsynced with $outdir
* In case of failure, there will be build-fpc-cross-all.log in the current
directory from which you can search for triple asterisks (***) to find what
went wrong
* $stableversion doesn't have to be there, I just do it for single fpc.cfg
requirement
* $srcdir too, but I never move it out of $outdir, though