[fpc-pascal] Help building FPC on armhf

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jun 28 11:47:18 CEST 2015

On 28/06/15 04:01, Andrew Brunner wrote:
> I recently installed fpc-2.6.4 on my Wandboard-Quad for production. I
> have fpc from svn but I get an error when I try to build.
>
> Compiling ARM Free Pascal Compiler...
> make clean all OPT=-O- DEBUG=1 OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=armhf
> CPU_SOURCE=arm
> make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
> Makefile:215: *** The Makefile doesn't support target armhf-linux,
> please run fpcmake first.  Stop.
>
> Can someone help?

1) the error you get means that the "fpc" binary is not in your path.
Building FPC always has been and always will be only supported with an
existing, complete installation of the latest FPC release in your path
2) FPC 2.6.4 does not contain ARMHF support (except in an unofficial,
and completely unsupported by us, Debian backport)
3) "ARM hard float" not a different kind of CPU compared to ARM. To
build FPC for ARM hard-float using a non-ARMHF compiler, perform a make
all for CPU_TARGET=ARM with OPT="-dARMHF"

Jonas