[fpc-pascal] FPC roadmap?

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:56:55 CEST 2015

> And as written in the corresponding bug report I'm not really happy with
> these interface hacks.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

So please give any alternative solution (with reasonable efficiency /
performance).

Current solution is inspired by you in 2013 :P

2013/5/23 Sven Barth

> Why fall back to pointers for something like this if we can use static
> types?! And if that means that the comparer needs to be implemented for
> each type, then so be it

My first idea for Generics.Defaults in 2013 was much simpler (and faster
than using interfaces), new compiler intrinsic:

  function GetReferenceToValue(Value: T): Pointer;
  function GetValueSize(Value: T): Integer;

Best regards,
Maciej Izak