[fpc-pascal] XML from a site

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:56:37 CEST 2015

Am 17.07.2015 08:11 schrieb "Chris Moody" <inquiry at greensnakedesign.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently working on an app which needs to be able to read an XML from a
website. Looking at the page at http://wiki.freepascal.org/XML_Tutorial it
appears there is no way to get XML directly from a URL.

> Do I need to pull the page down via :
>

> function GetWebPageContent(const Url: string): String;
> var fs: TStringList; HTTP: THTTPSend;
> begin
>    fs := TStringList.Create;
>    HTTP := THTTPSend.Create;
>    try
>       HTTP.HTTPMethod('GET', Url);
>       fs.LoadFromStream(Http.Document);
>       Result := fs.Text;
>    finally
>       fs.Free;
>       http.Free;
>    end;
> end;
>
> Or is there a way to pass an URL to ReadXMLFile?

There is not and there should not be. But you should be able to pass a
stream to an equivalent function of ReadXMLFile, I simply don't know its
name right now... Just check the unit ReadXMLFile is declared in.

Regards,
Sven