[fpc-pascal] Interface syntax: Is possible don't use specialize in mode objfpc?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:07:30 CEST 2015

Am 17.07.2015 05:03 schrieb "silvioprog" <silvioprog at gmail.com>:
> Hm... and more, the 'i := 1 << 1' isn't a "more Pascal-like" syntax,
IMHO. =)

Definitely. I was surprised when I found out that this works (it had been
added sometime in the far past to simplyfy porting of C code) and nowadays
it hunts me, because it makes my (FPC programming) life so much more
complicated -.-

> It compiles in '$mode delphi', but the BCC doesn't allows this sintax,
returning an "Expression expected but '<' found". What do you think about
doing it (... Integer>>) possible in $mode delphi? =)

Should be doable, especially since they aren't Delphi compatible anyway. At
least it would be simpler to disallow "<<" and ">>" as alternatives for
"shl" and "shr" respectively in selected modes than to work around it
someway...

Regards,
Sven