[fpc-pascal] jsonrtti and integer arrays

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jul 8 11:20:43 CEST 2015

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see that according to http://wiki.freepascal.org/Streaming_JSON one
> can use TStringList for an array of strings, but this seams to work

Small linguistic intermezzo: "seems".

"seams" exists, but is something different :)

> only for writing JSON, is it possible to read array of strings?

Currently not, although I have somewhere code to do this.

> And how to read an array of integers?

Currently it is not, but I already have code to do this (see restbase unit in fcl-web).

> Also, can my json be an array instead of an object?

In what sense ?

> A non-rtti simple example would also be good, since it looks like that
> the rtti version cannot read arrays.

Yes, I should improve the unit, I have several ideas and already partial implementations to improve it.
Ideally, the code in restbase should be replaced with calls to rttiutils.

Michael.