[fpc-pascal] SDL 2.xx

Brian vmst at golden.net
Fri Jan 30 22:13:28 CET 2015

I currently have an application running under Ubuntu 14.04 using SDL 2.03 and
have a few questions .

Currently the window / rendering / event handler  are running in a thread ,
not the main program. This works fine as long as the window is initiated
(created) in the thread , and the rendering / event handling is also done in
the thread , which is what the SDL documentation also states.

My question is if there is one window / rendering / event handler in a
thread , and another window / renderer / event handler is created in the
main program can two event handlers function properly.

I can easily create another window / renderer / handler  in the main program
for the new window , but the question is can there be two event handlers in
SDL 2.xx ?

Thanks in advance
Brian