[fpc-pascal] SCGI in Pascal?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:20:50 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <
michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
[...]

> The same can be done with FastCGI if you use mod_fastcgi and
> ExternalFastCGIServer. We do that at work.
> Currently, I don't really see the added value in SCGI.

yes yes, the idea to implement thats is just to adding support to a new
protocol in Free Pascal, because SCGI seems easy to be implemented hehe...
(several languages implement that)

Currently I'm using CGI in production, but soon I'll use FastCGI as
proxy, because some times I need to debug the already published
application, so using nginx or Apache proxy I can point the "Proxy Pass" to
my application running in my PC and debug it.

>        The strange thing of scgi is that the spec is so vague, I am
>> surprised there are any implementations...
>>
>>       Michael.
>>

>> Me too. But you can use the same CGI spec to get env. variables,
>> query_string etc. SCGI is very easy to be implemented like CGI. I've
>> tested this draft to get all fields of a HTML form with POST:
>> https://gist.github.com/ArtemGr/38425. I can adapt it to Pascal too.
>>

> Please do, because the current implementation is not really useful.
> Accepting a socket connection and writing some data is simply "TCP/IP for
> beginners" :)

Hehehe =D

> Not to mention that it will block if the server sends more than 4k data.
>
> The real work is accepting content and parsing the headers. :)

Yes, it can be implemented to read the buffer by demand like FCGI already
does. =)

--
Silvio Clécio