[fpc-pascal] fpc-src_2.6.4-140420_i386 from debs at sourceforge : error while processing dpkg install

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 26 16:03:09 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:12:01 +0000
Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/02/15 11:12, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:09:33 +0000
> > Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I got :
> >> "
> >> dpkg: error processing fpc-src_2.6.4-140420_i386.deb (--install):
> >>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/fpcsrc/2.6.4/packages/postgres/src/postgres3.pp', which is also in package fpc-source-2.6.4 2.6.4+dfsg-4~bpo70+1
> >> "
> >>
> >> while installing the three debs intentionally as replacement of those got from the repo;
> >>
> >> but it seems to have gone through and Lazarus 1.2.6 has started OK.
> >>
> >> Hope this is OK ?
> >
> > You can install either fpc-src or fpc-source, but not both.
>
> Ah so I should have uninstalled the 'source' package first...

Yes.
I will add a 'Replaces: fpc-source', so that the next fpc-src deb will
automatically uninstall the fpc-source package.

> but will it be a problem if I just leave it as is (with Lazarus1.26 seemingly having installed itself
> parallel to the one from repo (0.9.something), and the sourceforge fpc package also installed without hitches?

It depends on what you do with the sources. Probably it will work for
you. I'm not sure what happens when you now uninstall one of them.
The cleanest solution is: uninstall both and install
only one of them.

Mattias