[fpc-pascal] about interface and multiple inheritance

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Feb 26 14:04:29 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> On 02/26/2015 11:28 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>

>> Not ALL interfaces are reference-counted and auto-destroying. You can
>> create CORBA-style interfaces which are _not_ reference counted but
>> still have the full advantage of a interface.
>
> I see.
>
> hence "interface" denotes two language constructs that work decently
> different :(
>
> The mingling of language features and externally imposed paradigms regarding
> the word "interface" for me created a hardly understandable mess.

Works different, but they are different!
FPC give us the option to use CORBA or "COM" interfaces. I use last,
because auto-destroying is very usefull -- I don't see what is wrong
with auto-destroying.

For example, this project is object-oriented and interface-based
(auto-destroying). No memleaks.
https://github.com/mdbs99/AWS

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas