[fpc-pascal] Some features for FPC 3.0?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:13:17 CET 2015

Am 19.02.2015 10:41 schrieb "Lukasz Sokol" <el.es.cr at gmail.com>:

> On 18/02/15 18:18, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> > The linux approach is to dump a source blob onto the user.
>
> And we FPC /users/ are 'suggested' to download&compile from SVN (even if
it's just -fixes)
> if whatever our upstream packager provides is insufficient for whatever
reason...

You know that Florian was talking about releases? For the Linux kernel
releases are just source blobs while for us releases are mostly binary
ones. That's a big difference.
The Linux equivalent of us suggesting to download and compile from SVN
would be to follow e.g. linux-next.git, do a pull every now and then and
recompile and install the kernel.

Regards,
Sven