[fpc-pascal] access violations on new ARM hardware

jeppe@j-software.dk jeppe at j-software.dk
Wed Feb 11 14:01:28 CET 2015

    Small correction: -Cparmv7a

------ Oprindelig besked------Fra: Jonas MaebeDato: ons., 11. feb. 2015 13:36Til: FPC-Pascal users discussions;Emne:Re: [fpc-pascal] access violations on new ARM hardware
On 11 Feb 2015, at 12:48, Björn Schreiber wrote:>  Some new information: the manufacturer of the SOM did a analysis of  > the compiled program. We were told that the program makes use of the  > SWP instruction which is deprecated since ARMv6 and was deactivated  > in the kernel we used. They build a new kernel with the deprecated  > instruction activated which is running the test program without any  > error.>  Now we can use this new kernel for further tests.>>  Is there any compiler switch to control the generated code and  > therefore the chance to avoid this deprecated instruction?The swp instruction is in the RTL. It will not be included if you  compile the RTL for an architecture that does not support this  instruction. The Cortex-A5 is an ARMv7 class cpu, so adding -Cparmv7  to your cross-options when building the RTL should work.Jonas_______________________________________________fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.orghttp://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal