[fpc-pascal] access violations on new ARM hardware

Björn Schreiber news.bs at drigus.de
Wed Feb 11 12:48:24 CET 2015

Am 28.01.2015 um 16:44 schrieb Björn Schreiber:

> --- Schnipp On ---
> program test;
>
> var
>     AString: String;
>
> function AFunction: String;
> var
>     S: WideString;
>
> begin
>     S := 'Test';
>     AFunction := S;
> end;
>
> begin
>     AString := AFunction;
> end.
> --- Schnipp Off ---

   Some new information: the manufacturer of the SOM did a analysis of
the compiled program. We were told that the program makes use of the SWP
instruction which is deprecated since ARMv6 and was deactivated in the
kernel we used. They build a new kernel with the deprecated instruction
activated which is running the test program without any error.
   Now we can use this new kernel for further tests.

   Is there any compiler switch to control the generated code and
therefore the chance to avoid this deprecated instruction?

Greetings,
   Björn
--
Björn Schreiber