[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 7 23:35:05 CET 2015

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 23:15:50 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 22:16:26 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
> >> Now I have to deal with Lazarus, but that is another list/forum...
> >
> >Lazarus needs libgtk2.0-dev, which should automatically install
> >libgtk2.0-common.
>
> I looked into my Raspberry Pi2 install notes and found these
> dependencies for Lazarus:
>
> Get additional packages:
> ------------------------
> apt-get update
> apt-get install -y libx11-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev libcairo2-dev
> gir1.2-coglpango-1.0 libpangox-1.0-dev xorg-dev libgtk2.0-dev
> libpango1.0-dev
>
> Are most of these superfluous? Is it enough with libgtk2.0-dev?

I have not tried on Linux-Mint.
Can you test?
If building Lazarus fails with a linker error you will see what lib is
missing.

> Will there be a tar package like for fpc

No.
Building Lazarus is easy (make all). The tricky part is helping the
user to install the required libraries.
If someone provides a script that checks the common distros and
maintains the script I would build such a tar.

> or should I go for an svn checkout?

I recommend that. This makes upgrading easy.

> Is there an RC tag for Lazarus?

Many. For example:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_6_RC1

Mattias