[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:52:35 CET 2015

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 20:27:12 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>There is a command-line installer on the ftp site for fpc, after that you should build lazarus itself.
>
>As it happens, I am currently writing an article on how to install lazarus on Linux mint 17.3 from zero.
>It does describe compiling lazarus.
>
>I can send it to you when it is finished.

Thanks, please do!
I bit the bullet and did the following, hopefully it is not way off
like my experiments on a Raspberry Pi2 were:

1) Went to http://www.freepascal.org/down/i386/linux-hungary.var

2) Downloaded the "everything" file
ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.0/i386-linux/fpc-3.0.0.i386-linux.tar

3) Extracted its contents to the Download dir

4) Then I entered the directory and issued the command:
sudo sh install.sh

5) During installation I was asked to select target and entered
/usr/local as I was told in another case some time ago.

6) Then I just replied Y to most of the questions and it installed
apparently just fine.
At least it responds to my fpc -h command...

Now I have to deal with Lazarus, but that is another list/forum...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden