[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Dec 7 20:27:12 CET 2015

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015, Bo Berglund wrote:

> I have just created a VMWare virtual machine on my Win7 PC and
> installed Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon in order to do some pascal
> development.
> I really do not want to build either fpc or lazarus myself, I just
> want to use the released versions.
>
> So is there a release 3.0 version available for Linux Mint 17 via
> apt-get?
>
> And if so what would be the correct command to get it?

No, none officially exists. There is a very old one, but it is not maintained.

I believe fpc 3.0 is in debian experimental, but it would be a very bad idea to use that in linux mint.

There is a command-line installer on the ftp site for fpc, after that you should build lazarus itself.

As it happens, I am currently writing an article on how to install lazarus on Linux mint 17.3 from zero.
It does describe compiling lazarus.

I can send it to you when it is finished.

Michael.