[fpc-pascal] Can fpc 3.0 release be installed using apt-get on Linux Mint?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:18:20 CET 2015

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 20:10:22 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>So is there a release 3.0 version available for Linux Mint 17 via
>apt-get?
>And if so what would be the correct command to get it?

I tried this:
sudo apt-get install fpc lazarus
It gathered info for a while, then asked if I wanted to continue.
When I looked at all the stuff it had printed on screen I found it was
about to install fpc compiler 2.6.2 and lazarus 1.0.10!!!!
So I aborted.

Is it so bad that new releases are no longer posted with current Linux
distributions?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden