[fpc-pascal] Beautifier for freepascal

Tue Dec 1 10:31:28 CET 2015

On 2015-11-30 14:21, G.W. Herbold wrote:
> Is there any plan to create such a very helpful tool???

As Jonas mentioned, there is "ptop" included with FPC. I've had some
good usage of it in the past, but I don't know how much development it
still receives (I should check the commit history).

Also, as mentioned, Lazarus includes a code formatter too. It is in fact
a copy of the Jedi Code Formatter, found on SourceForge.net. If you
don't use Lazarus, you can download JCF as a stand-alone tool from
SourceForge [http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedicodeformat/]. The nice
think about the stand-alone version is that they include three
executables. Two GUI's (useful for configuring the formatter) and a
command line tool. For years I have been using the command line tool
(even under Linux and FreeBSD via WINE).

I have come across a few more over the years, but I can't remember there
names off the top of my head now.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/