[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Aug 29 12:00:19 CEST 2015

On 29/08/15 11:55, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> "
> make PP=/home/pi/fpc/3_0/eabihf/lib/fpc/3.0.1/ppcarm OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1
> all
> "
> in a fixes_3_0 checkout works for me.

Note that Mark is building 3.0.0rc1, not fixes_3_0. Building an older
revision with a compiler built from a newer revision is never supported
(although in this very specific case, it might work since there are
barely any differences between 3.0.0rc1 and the current fixes_3_0 branch).

In any case: you should have to pass OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF" to get an armhf
compiler (even if you already start with an armhf compiler). I haven't
updated the compiler readme yet, but I've at least mentioned this in the
mean time at
http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0#Support_for_the_armhf_EABI

Jonas