[fpc-pascal] Linking error with unit initc on arm

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 21 12:20:05 CEST 2015

On 08/21/2015 11:55 AM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> To be able to cross-compile a program that depends on a library for
> any Unix platform, you need to have a sysroot available with all of
> those libraries and their own requirements (such as crti.o and crtn.o
> for glibc, and crtbegin.o and crtend.o for gcc-compiled code). That is
> unrelated to FPC and inherent to the way linking works on (most) Unix
> platforms. If you want to cross-compile using gcc or clang, you also
> need to have the target platform's sysroot available.
To allow for this, after some frustration with lesser installations, I
once installed the complete code sourcery cross development suite
(including Eclipse). After having done this, cross linking fpc projects
was no problem any more (including building fpc itself to be run on the
ARM Target).

But I don't think I'd like to recommend that method ;-) .

-Michael