[fpc-pascal] Issue with Linking

Chris Moody inquiry at greensnakedesign.com
Thu Aug 20 15:46:05 CEST 2015

On 08/20/2015 04:53 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I thought you might try the following pre-built FPC ARM compiler created
> by Paul Breneman - packaged as "EasyfpGUI". He packages everything you
> need to get started into a single 5.7MB zip archive. It even includes
> fpGUI and some demo programs (serial debug terminal, fpGUI's visual
> forms designer, fpGUI alpha  IDE).
>
> Visit this URL:
>
>    http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm
>
> ...then scroll down to the "ARM systems" section. The first few links
> are for Linux/ARM systems. All instructions are shown there too.
>

> Regards,
>    - Graeme -

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if you can build console based
apps with it also? I have a deadline fast approaching, and at this point
seriously considering re-writing the code in a language I know is
supported on the Pi.

I had first chosen FreePascal, because Turbo Pascal was the language I
fell in love with first, when I was learning to program. However for the
issues I've been having I'm really having to re-think if its been worth it.

Chris