[fpc-pascal] Issue with Linking

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:34:07 CEST 2015

On Thursday 20 August 2015 10:01:03 Jonas Maebe wrote:

> The problem Linux/ARM specifically is also that you have to be pretty
> much an expert at Linux/ARM and know exactly what the capabilities of
> your ARM hardware are before you can know what you have to build,
> independent of instructions regarding how to build it (which doesn't
> mean that instructions regarding how to build it are superfluous, of
> course).

May I suggest to open a section in the Wiki where the necessary settings for
different known ARM hardware/software targets are listed, can be approved by
the experts and added to "compiler/README.txt" where it can be kept in sync
with the corresponding FPC version?
I don't dare to open such a Wiki section myself because I don't know enough
about the matter and I don't know if and where the FPC team likes to place
such information.

Thanks, Martin