[fpc-pascal] Cross compile from x86 to Pi

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 19 10:09:15 CEST 2015

Chris Moody wrote on Wed, 19 Aug 2015:

> On 08/19/2015 12:57 AM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> /home/chris/Documents/fp/fpcbuild-2.6.4/binutils/bin/as --version
> Somehow this was for x86 linux, not sure how that happened. Will
> have to look again.

One more thing: as has been mentioned before, FPC 2.6.4 cannot be used
to build for the Raspberry Pi, because it does not have support for
the ABI used by that platform. You need FPC 3.x. You can get RC1 of
FPC 3.0 from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/tags/release_3_0_0_rc1/ (the
official builds will be up in a few weeks, although I don't know
whether there will be ARM cross-compilers, or for which ARM/Linux
platforms there will be native compilers).

Jonas