[fpc-pascal] Different idea

Wed Aug 19 10:07:16 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-19 08:55, Chris Moody wrote:
> I'll have
> to look to see where all of the compiled units are stored on the Pi, as
> they are not same location as they are on my desktop.

Developers should learn not to use package managers for everything -
especially development tools. The Free Pascal project releases very good
text based installers for all supported platforms. Those work
brilliantly, and you can install without root access.

Take a look at my post from a few days ago, and the suggeste install
method and location. You will NEVER be confused again, and the suggested
layout also allows you to easily have multiple version of FPC installed
side-by-side.

http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2015-August/044922.html

Regards,
  - Graeme -