[fpc-pascal] another xml question

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Aug 6 14:21:46 CEST 2015

On Do, 2015-08-06 at 01:11 -0700, Chris Moody wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. One more question and I think I'm done for now
> and able to finish the program I'm writing:
>
> If FindNode does not locate a node with the given name, what does it
> return?

I don't know. It looks like it would be the first child of the subnode
you're working at. I'm not sure if that first child can be a nil
pointer, so you need to check yourself or someone else has to answer
this question.

But it is easy to jump to the implementation of FindNode() yourself:

1. Put the cursor on the function call to <yourxmldoc>.FindNode()
2. klick the right mouse key
3. in the popped up menu select "Find Declaration of FindNode"
4. hit the keys Shift+down (arrow)

After Step 3 you're shown the class declaration, then after the fourth
step the cursor is sitting in the implementation of the method in
question. Then you can read the code.

Have fun,
Marc

Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>