[fpc-pascal] How to force unique field values with TBufDataSet

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 27 11:40:02 CEST 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Gabor Boros wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Added ixUnique type index with IndexDefs or AddIndex, set IndexName or
> IndexFieldNames. But no effect, I can add same field values without any
> error.

To the best of my knowledge, this is meant to import actual server index definitions, not to enforce in local data.

It would often be useless to do so: it may wel be that a value is unique locally (in memory), but is not unique when
you save it in the DB, for instance when you load only part of the data in your dataset.

Michael.