[fpc-pascal] Using Cairo lib on Linux without X

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:59:54 CEST 2015

Thanks for answers everybody.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> Alternative for PDF generation, as I mentioned before to you I believe,
> fpGUI includes a very good PDF report engine which could easily work
> without depending on fpGUI or any GUI.

Don't worry Graeme, I did not forget that PDF engine. It only has so
different API that I could not yet join it into our code which
currently uses PowerPDF. The standard Canvas API fits there more
easily.

> Michael van Canneyt also created a PDF report engine (based on some of
> the code included in fpGUI), and I believe this is already in FPC Trunk
> (Michael?).

I checked carefully the recent FPC trunk history using your Git mirror and Gitk.
I don't see any PDF engine there.
In any case I will continue to adapt the PDF engine either from FpGUI
or from FPC once it is committed by Michael.
An ideal situation would be proof of concept versions using both Cairo
lib and this pure-Pascal engine.

Regards,
Juha