[fpc-pascal] with statement using mulltiple objects

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Thu Sep 18 02:54:51 CEST 2014

(tout excusé!) ....

8:09 PM, Philippe <philippe at quarta.com.br> wrote:

> [...]
implementation: I read in this list that the group lost months due a
"with" problem. People use "with", and I guess lot of people use it! I
checked the reference
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu58.html#x155-16500013.2.8
[1] and there is not any warning ... just: The statement With A,B,C,D do
Statement; is equivalent to With A do With B do With C do With D do
Statement; without any warning ...
>>> (...) Why would it? As people
replied in your thread, this has always been the behavior (at least in
TP and Delphi), so if anything the only thing lacking is some minor
documentation. Also please don't hijack threads.
>> I guess different
communities have different rules, but I don't understand (and I'd better
understand if I don't want to do the same mistake): in what way was
Philippe's post hijacking? This question goes to Philippe too, as he
wrote "we may be out of subject" which shows he felt something wrong. --
Frederic Da Vitoria (davitof)

> The mistake was actually mine :-$ I
had deleted part of the thread and
> didn't realize this was the old
thread.
> Sorry Phillippe, and sorry for the noise everybody.

-Flávio
maillist - fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org

Links:
------