[fpc-pascal] detect CPU cores

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 05:12:04 CEST 2014

> You're compiling for x64, You need to replace "eax" and "edx" with "rax"
> and "rdx", since e?x are available for i386 only.

My situation is, I program and test on Ubuntu x64 on a i3-M390. Then
compile it to Windows 32bit on a VirtualBox on this machine, then run it on
a Windows 32bit running on a rather old pentium dual core (T-something, I
don't know if it is 32bit or 64bit processor).

regarding e?x vs. r?x, is it only related to the CPU, or also has something
to do with the OS (32bit or 64bit)?  How to do "conditional compiling" for
assembly code?