[fpc-pascal] console gdb in mac

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Sep 9 12:18:04 CEST 2014

On 09/08/2014 11:06 PM, Michael Ring wrote:
> Joost, I saw some of your posts but did not know that your debugger has
> a console version. Is it possible to connect to a gdb-server with fpd?
>
> Michael (not trying to hijack this thread....)

No, it has nothing to do with gdb. In principle it would be possible to
build something like a fpd-server. And maybe I will do that, because it
would remove the dependency to sign the Lazarus IDE after each rebuild.
(In that case, fpd-server is signed, and Lazarus just connects to it)

But my guess is that you want to use it on x86 hardware. For now it only
works with x86/x86_64.

The console version (components/fpdebug/app.fpd) is only there to ease
debugging of the debugger. But it's function-complete, simply because
each function is first developed in the console-version, because that's
easier to debug)

Joost.