[fpc-pascal] MS SQLConn - Possible memory leak in driver (dblib or libiconv2)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Oct 20 20:15:13 CEST 2014

Hi Laco,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM, LacaK <lacak at zoznam.sk> wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
> First useful thing would be isolate source of memory leak.
> If it is on FreePascal side, then we must search there, if it is on FreeTDS
> side, then we must report bug to FreeTDS project.
> You can use version of dblib.dll, which does not use libiconv2, so we can
> isolate it.

I use libconv2.

> Do you not use any other 3rd party libraries or other components in your
> project, which can cause mem leaks ?

Yes, my own project, Greyhound. But this is not the problem...

I use a module, coded by another programmer, that was changed
internally. My program uses the same methods but internally was
changed. Before it used a simple script and now a "Table" (TSQLQuery
and ApplyUpdates/Commit). So, if you use ApplyUpdates/Commit
everything works but the registers will grow up, in memory... of
course! But I didn't have time, I had to release a new version and I
didn't SEE this, when I opened the (3rd) code, at the first time.

So does not have a memory leak. Was my fault. Sorry the noise.  :(((

Thanks for your return.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas