[fpc-pascal] Trying to register a Windows Service gives error

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:42:38 CEST 2014

Am 07.10.2014 09:55 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael at freepascal.org>:

> On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, Sven Barth wrote:

>> > Interesting, thanks for mentioning that. I know I've disabled UAC on my
>> > work laptop. I'm not in control of our development server, but I'll ask
>> > the admin when he is back in the office.
>>
>> It's one of the reasons why I keep UAC enabled on my Windows systems: I
catch such problems immediately ;)

> I stopped doing that, because the constant messages are a real PITA.

Our main application requires admin rights as well, but quite quickly my
muscle memory has taken over so that I can just dismiss the UAC dialog
without thinking much about it. (I did disable the "use secure desktop"
option though so that I don't get a black screen for some seconds...)

Regards,
Sven