[fpc-pascal] Use of TSQLite.Query method (sqlite3db unit)

Maurizio Tomasi maurizio.tomasi at outlook.com
Thu Nov 6 14:09:22 CET 2014

Hi to everybody,

   I am developing a small application that retrieves data from a
SQLite3 file. Currently I am using the TSQLite class found in the unit
sqlite3db.

The Query method fills one of its arguments ("Table") with the result of
the query. Each string in the "Table" variable is a comma-separated
string containing the values of each column. I find this a bit
inconvenient, as I have to parse the string in order to get back the
values of the columns. (The C/C++ SQLite3 library allows to retrieve the
value of each column separatedly, using the sqlite3_column_*** functions.)

I was not able to find the documentation for TSQLite in the Free Pascal
manuals. Am I missing something, or is it this the way the class is
intended to be used?

Cheers,
   Maurizio.