[fpc-pascal] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:51:16 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 02:00:06PM +0200, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> - Is rdtsc safe for CPUs that can vary clock of cores independently like
>   Core Mono? What if the process changed  CPU to a different clocked core?

I've read that on recent CPUs, the TSC is unaffected by the actual clock
rate of the CPU.  On linux, The TSC gets calibrated and the
synchronisation is tested, which may result in the TSC clock source
being marked as unstable and disabled.  In this case, it will fall back
to using other clock sources (HPET is next in line on my computer).

Henry