[fpc-pascal] How to get the borders and background color of the Message Box

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon May 26 16:20:37 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 15:29, nitinjain wrote:

Hi Nitin,

> Actually I tried with video unit, but on freepascal.org site
> (http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/video ) I was read that “The
> video
> unit should not be used together with the crt unit”. And I am using CRT
> unit
> as well. I posted same issue on previous blog also, but not getting any
> answers after that, so now I posted newly with snippets. If you have any
> another options instead of video unit then it will definitely helpful to
> us.

Assuming that "previous blog" = previous thread, I'm not aware of any
messages appearing in this mailing list related to this discussion
(appearing in various threads) which would not be answered by me and/or
others. You seem to be accessing our mailing list via Nabble rather than
by e-mail - I don't use Nabble myself, so I cannot judge whether there's
been some post from you not getting to the list (and thus missing

Let me summarize - if I look at the mailing list archive for May
(http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2014-May/thread.html), I
see the following threads:

- 'Identifier not found "MEMW"' (ended by Marco's question to which you
have not responded)

- 'How to get GO32 Unit file' (responded by me)

- 'How To Rewrite/Replace Below MEM And MEMW' (ended by my response with a
follow-up question to you)

- 'Segmentation Error using VideoBuf' (started from another e-mail
address, finished by my suggestion to post a compilable crashing code)

- 'Drawing window out line' (again started from the other e-mail address,
responded by me with information how to achieve the wanted result by using
just unit Crt in one post, but also providing more detailed information
about in/compatibility between units Video and Crt in another post - see
http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2014-May/041991.html;
that thread also included suggestion from Mark Morgan Loyd for using
FreeVision as another alternative).

Tomas