[fpc-pascal] Understanding the usage of resources in Linux

luciano de souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Sat May 24 18:12:12 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I want to use resources with FPC 2.6.2. Reading on Lazarus wiki, I
knew it's recommended the usage of Lazarus resources (lazres).

This is not an option for me. "lazres" expects a lrs file and I can't
generate it.

I am blind. I can install Lazarus in my Linux, but only to use some
units. The graphical interface of Lazarus is completely inaccessible.

I searched for a lrs example. I thought I could write it manually. But
it's impossible. It's a complex and a very large file.

The choices are:

1. A command line program generates the lrs file. Something like:
"program file1.tpl file2.wav. After this, I could use lazres.
2. In my Ubuntu 13.10 64 bits, a program compile rc scripts into a res
files. For a long time, I tried to do it. I heard resources have a bad
behaviour in Linux.

Well, my question is: using Ubuntu 13.10 64 bits and only the command
line and a text editor like Gedit, is it possible to add files as
resources in my executable?

Luciano de Souza