[fpc-pascal] Delphi compatible anonymous functions

Michal Wallace michal.wallace at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:25:44 CEST 2014

Hey Craig,

I've been experimenting with anonymous functions in FPC and have working
code, but they're not at all like what Delphi provides:

https://github.com/tangentstorm/tangentlabs/blob/master/pascal/funops.pas

(On the other hand, they require 0 compiler changes...)

I asked about lambdas in the IRC channel a few months back, and Sven told
me someone had started work on anonymous methods sometime in the past, but
the work sort of stalled out.

If you're interested in funding this and nobody else pipes up, I'm
interested in implementing it. It's something I've been wanting to do
anyway, but I just haven't had the time/energy to dig into the FPC
internals.