[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal console programs on Android are easy

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Mon Mar 24 17:08:30 CET 2014

On 03/15/2014 07:33 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> My main specialty is communication software (
> www.turbocontrol.com/APro.htm ), so right now that is what I'm working
> on.  I have a USB hub working with a keyboard on my Nexus 7 (via OTG),
> but a FTDI USB-serial adapter doesn't show up in /dev so I hope to get
> that (and some other Bluetooth and TCP/IP stuff) working next.
>
> But a GUI Hello World would be nice!  I did install the "libc-dev"
> package to compile a Synapse Synaser program so if anyone wants to try
> www.CtrlTerm.com that would be appreciated.
>
> My main (first) goal in this is to be able to run a single program (for
> machine control) on an inexpensive tablet.  Maybe even with embedded
> Firebird (I have an Android tablet with an Intel CPU if that is needed).

Well, maybe I can wait on doing more with Free Vision and use fpGUI
instead!  :)

GNURoot has been updated!  See this text: "WheezyX rootfs type added -
it has Xterms working. After launching it, use a vncviewer on your
Android device or you PC to connect to it."  Now I hope to get Control
Terminal working (first for WiFi and Bluetooth, then with USB OTG for
Ethernet and Serial)!

http://turbocontrol.com/gnuroot.htm