[fpc-pascal] TProcess on windows: incompatibility between poUsePipes and InheritHandles:=false

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Mar 13 00:21:58 CET 2014

El 11/03/14 19:43, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

>> I have no explicit solution for you, but a few links that I hope can
>> help you further:
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2011/12/16/10248328.aspx
>
> What surprises me is that it says that handles by default are
> non-inheritable

It turns out that sockets by default *are* inheritable, but that doesn't
really work reliably, and at the same time you *cannot* stop them from
being inheritable

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12058911/can-tcp-socket-handles-be-set-not-inheritable

Now I know that windows has been designed by Vicky Pollard.

Bye
--
Luca