[fpc-pascal] FPC for ARMv4

Jon gianniblitz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 19:41:00 CET 2014

Hi

I have a board running Linux - it reports itself as armv4tl:

root at phidgetsbc:~# uname -a
Linux phidgetsbc 3.1.6 #3 PREEMPT Fri Jan 6 13:05:50 MST 2012 armv4tl GNU/Linux

root at phidgetsbc:~# cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 \n \l

After trying and failing to install a cross-compiler on my Linux x64 system, I want to install FPC directly onto the system.

Can you advise the best procedure. After downloading and installing fpc-2.6.2.arm-linux.tar I get errors:

root at phidgetsbc:~# fpc
An unhandled exception occurred at $0000D210 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $0000D210
  $00008374
  $00008B34

An unhandled exception occurred at $0000D210 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $0000D210
  $000133E0

An unhandled exception occurred at $0000D210 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $0000D210
  $000133E0
  $00014604
  $000133E0

An unhandled exception occurred at $0000D210 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $0000D210
  $000133E0
  $00014604
  $000133E0
  $00014604
  $000133E0

...and so on for ever.

The system can compile with gcc, but I loath it and would dearly love to run FPC on it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks