[fpc-pascal] Spurious SIGSEGV on ARMHF with application compiled with fpc trunk

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:51:38 CET 2014

On 01/03/2014 11:02, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> fpc trunk r26906, cross compiled fpcup for ARMHF; running on Odroid U3
> Xubuntu; ran under gdb:
> fpcup stops with a SIGSEGV:
<snip>

Went back to fpc revision 26550 (end of January), rebuilt cross
compiler, rebuilt fpcup.

Ran fpcup with fpc revision set once again to 26550, Lazarus revision to
43823.

This time, fpcup completed without error.

My guess is that the compiler messes up exception handling... on my to
do list is running fpc trunk compiled fpcup under the debugger to see
what exactly goes wrong...

Thanks,
Reinier

More details:
Both times compiled with (cross)compile options:
-dFPC_ARMHF -CpARMV6 -CaEABIHF -CfVFPV2
fpcup project settings:
- release build
no optimization