[fpc-pascal] Free Vision apps via SSH

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Jun 25 14:32:43 CEST 2014

On 06/23/2014 12:49 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody here still develop applications (big or small) using FPC's
> Free Vision toolkit?
>
> I need to create a few console applications and thought of using Free
> Vision for the user interface. I've never used Free Vision before, and
> haven't touched Turbo Pascal's equivalent in 20+ years. I thought it
> might be fun though. :)
>
> Would this be a good idea, or would there be some problems? I've tried
> various SSH clients (Linux, FreeBSD, Putty) and connected via SSH to my
> FreeBSD server and ran FPC's Text IDE without problems. I had to tweak
> the font for Putty, but then it worked and looked perfect. I know Free
> Vision also supports the mouse, but I don't need that here - purely text
> based with keyboard input.
>
> What's your thoughts or experiences with Free Vision?
>

> Regards,
>    - Graeme -

Hi Graeme,

I started using Free Vision for this project a few months ago:
http://turbocontrol.com/gnuroot.htm

There are Free Pascal mini-distribution zips on this page that have the
textmode IDE source and also the Free Vision testapp example:
http://ctrlterm.com/ports.htm

I hope those help to make starting with Free Vision easier!

Regards,
Paul
www.TurboControl.com